Saturday, April 14, 2012

Would you rather be a foreign exchange student to Italy or Japan? Why?

Would you rather be a foreign exchange student to Italy or Japan? Why?
I've been thinking a lot about being a foreign exchange student but I can't decide where I want to go. Either Italy or Japan. I Italy because it's really pretty, they have good food, their boys are cute, they have a lot of culture, and the language would be easier to learn. I like Japan because I can get a full paid scholarship, there's not a big crime rate, they care about education, and they also have an interesting culture. I still can't decide which one I like more. Also, if anyone has any other information on Italy or Japan (school, family life, culture, ect.) please tell me. And I am open to all opinions so anyone can answer.
Studying Abroad - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Italy cause JApan is over crowded and packed which would be difficult for me
2 :
i would personaly chose italy becuz i can speak part italian and the food there is delish and the pretty buildings. but thats just me. japan would be to ultamodern for me and too crowded. but then again i would choose japan cuz of the scholarship thing. but w/e u decide to chose. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090906102642AAednES
3 :
Absolutely Japan! You kidding!! why would you think of Italy If you'll have a full paid scholarship!! Though the language is hard to learn. But there are trillions of other advantages! Japanese culture is 180 degrees different from other cultures. it's unique. you might find alot of similarities between your culture and the Italian's whereas the Japanese will be a completely different and exciting experience. I would choose Japan!!
4 :
I was an exchange student to Switzerland. Italy was my first choice. I had the opportunity to visit Italy however. Personally, I'd pick Italy. Culture shock is already a factor in exchange--and well--how much do you want? The language is a big deal during exchange as well. At the beginning my French was bad, by December I was dreaming and thinking in French, by July when I left, I was fluent. Italian is a lot easier than Japanese. You'll probably be fluent in Italian but I'm not sure about Japanese after your year is over. But it's really up to you! The scholarship is a big help!! I hope you go somewhere cause it's a great experience! Sometimes a difficult one--but a rewarding one!

Read more other entries :