Saturday, April 28, 2012

should I go on a student exchange? Italy? USA? or France?

should I go on a student exchange? Italy? USA? or France?
Im really wanting to go on a student exchange. Im a bit cautious though because what happens if the host family is really mean? really poor? or I don't get along with them? Also, Im wanting to go to either Italy, USA, or France. Which one should I go to? I want to go to italy because its the fashion capital of the world and I love the language. But then I want to go to USA because I love how they have cheer-leading and football teams, prom and cafeterias and its familiar to what i'm used to. but then theres France, which would be amazing as the food is amazing and the scenery is incredible. help! which one should i go to?
Other - France - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was an exchange student as a Junior in High School and would do it again if I could. It was nearly 20 years ago and I went to Bolivia from the USA for 5 months. I think that if you can do it you should. I did not pick the country it picked me. So if you have a choice Pick the one that you would regret to not have gone to. Have a great time and travel while you are there.
2 :
May I venture to suggest France? Ths is from far the nicest conutry in the world.... People are lovely, landscapes are often breathtaking,, not to mention the food 'amazing!) and the social system !! If I were In your shoes, I wouldn't hezitzte one second !!
3 :
Forget the USA, and toss a coin for Italy or France.
4 :
Italy should be your first choice , then France.. both beautiful countries...USA would by my very last choice .
5 :
France
6 :
lalala it's not just personal preference if ur going w/ a exchange program such as yfu or afs then there r different requirements &brief introductions on each country. I wanted to go to France, for example, but it is required dat you speak french, or else attending a French school would be completely pointless, and you'll fail all your classes. My top choice would be France , but I have to warn you that from peronal experience french schools are extremely hard and difficult. It might not seem appealing for you at the moment, but definitely try other, more laid back, european countries. such as iceland, sweden etc. great places!! You most certainly don't have to go to one of the "Main" countries in europe, besides everyone(in iceland/sweden/holland)speaks english, so communication would not be difficult. Very little homework, so it would be a fun trip ^^ i mean im sure u wouldn't want to work your ass off, when being an exchange student is supposed to be something fun, not stressful :P hope dis helped ^^
7 :
I'm from the USA on an exchange in France this year. I gotta say, the USA really sucks compared to this country, but I've never been to Italy so I can't help you there. You should choose the country in which you know the language the most. That will really help.

Read more other entries :