Friday, February 1, 2013

What foods do they not have in Italy?

What foods do they not have in Italy?
I'm going to be a foreign exchange student in Italy next year and I want to bring them American food that they don't have there (ketchup, peanut butter, etc.) I don't know if they have ketchup or peanut butter, but anyways... Any ideas?
Other - Italy - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Obviously in Italy there is Ketchup! With regard Peanut butter, it's less common, but you can find it.
2 :
Good ketchup like heinz is difficult to find. So is peanut butter, I see it in a tiny jar and it cost around 4.50 euro. Syrup for pancakes I don't ever remember seeing.
3 :
You can find things like maple syrup, peanut butter and ketchup in the stores here - Ipercoop carries all of these where I live. There just aren't the same brands or number of brand choices. Sometimes I bring back See's peanut brittle when I've been in the US. It's also difficult to find things like cheddar cheese, ginger snaps, or sourdough bread.
4 :
They like American chocolate, especially Hershey bars, and American cigarettes, if you are old enough.
5 :
Syrup for pancakes, peanut butter (I have never seen that in my life). I would not bring cheddar cheese as Italian cheeses taste better. Avoid very spicy sauces as Italians don't like them
6 :
the only food that you will not find in italy is that one genetically modified, because it is considered illegal in italy
7 :
Gravy. My ensligh boyfriend was desperate because he could not find any shop who sell that stuff :) and actually I never heard they sell peanut butter as well
8 :
In Italy there is the American and Italian ketchup. We have everything, but not in all supermarkets. If you want American food is more easier to find in the big supermarkets.
9 :
They don't have pot. But don't bring it though, as another murder in Italy of an american exchange student is unwanted.
10 :
We do have ketchup, I think that peanut butter is available in some big supermarkets, but it must be quite uncommon since I've never seen it, same for maple syrup. We don't have pancakes, you might try to make them!
11 :
I returned from America a few days ago, actually we have all the same your products. came to my mind now , it is true that you do for Thanksgiving turkey stuffing?! it will be good I suppose, is not common here ... try with that! another thing that I liked them more than that here is the cheese cake =) ah, no pizza! =) In new york i've seen pizza with pasta or with strawberries, it's not possible!!! lol
12 :
We don't have peanut butter. But we have a famous hazelnut cream.

Read more other entries :