Sunday, May 1, 2011

Becoming a foreign exchange student to Italy, IB program?

Becoming a foreign exchange student to Italy, IB program?
so I am interested in going to Italy for a semester either my 2nd semester junior year or 1st semester senior year. I am also signed up to be in the International Baccalaureate Program (aka. IB) This should be okay because it IS INTERNATIONAL! however my school guidance counselor/exchange student adviser hasnt done an exchange in 10 years and also never done one through IB. Any advise? I have to do a lot of the research myself it seems :/
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm in the same situation, except I'm going to Germany and for a year. You won't be able to do IB, because some classes require 2 years for one class, and you wouldn't able to continue your IB studies even if it's a one year class because they don't have IB schools overseas. I suggest you just take AP classes, and forget about IB if you plan to do foreign exchange. (:
2 :
Hi there. I'm doing IB too. You should be okay if its only for a semester. If you are going to another IB school, I'm sure you won't have too many problems. The only issue will be with your assessment - check when your majoy assessment would be taking place (Group 4 Project, EE, TOK, and various IAs). Aim to go away when there a none of these, or only one. You can't miss these. Try an contact some people from the school you would be attending to see what programmes they have, etc. Otherwise, the responsibility would be totally on you to make sure you are learning everything you need to. It is runs differently from AP, and is definitely a better curriculum - stick with it! Just ask around, do your research, and I'm sure you will find a way to do both. Good luck, and I'll see you at the other end!! Good luck on your application and exams!!

Read more other entries :