Saturday, May 14, 2011

What program would you suggest for a student who wants to study abroad in Italy?

What program would you suggest for a student who wants to study abroad in Italy?
First off, I am currently Going into 8th grade. When I'm a sophomore or junior, I really want to study abroad in Italy. I want to start saving now. If you or a child or someone has studied abroad, which program did you use? I would really like to know. What was the experience like? What was the average cost? I want to go to for a semester. Or how long would you suggest? What ever advice you may have will be appreciated..thanks!
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I went when I was 19 and I did a semester in Oxford, England. I wanted to go through my university, but to go to Italy, France (or any country where English wasn't the main language), you had to be a junior or senior, and have 2 years of the language (college), unless you can prove that you are fluent, and you had to do an entire year. I could have stayed for a year, but it was expensive as hell. I wanted to go to Italy too. Any way, I didn't want to wait til I was a junior, so I started to check out community colleges. They offer semester programs and summer/winter shorter programs. When I went, the program was about 6 grand. But, I recently looked it up, and it was about 7,500. But, once I got there, I spent about 2 grand more. I went to Paris, Dublin, and Amsterdam. But, I can honestly say, it was the best time of my life, and the best money I've ever spent. I'd tell you more, but then this will turn into a 5 page essay, lol. You can hit me up. But, just to get started, look up you local community colleges. Each school offers different countries to study abroad in. Italy is a very popular study abroad location, so you should have no problem finding a program. They usually have the current year program online, so you can read it and get info. Also, some community colleges don't even require you to be a regular student at the school. You can go to the school specifically for the study abroad. Good luck.

Read more other entries :