Saturday, December 28, 2013

Can a US student in France travel to other countries?

Can a US student in France travel to other countries?
Hi. I'm an American student planning on studying in Paris next August-May(1 school year) and I will have a student visa. I was wondering if I would be able to travel between countries during my vacation times/weekends. For example if I wanted to take an extended weekend trip to Italy, would I be able to do that on my student visa, or am I restricted to the country? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You'll be able to visit all Euros's Countries without any problem. Passport checked to visit other places like Switzerland, but not a problem at all.
2 :
It depends on your passport. Student visa are national visa which do not authorize travel to other countries. Your US passport however waives the visa requirement for travel as tourist for up to 90 days in a 180 day period. Passport holders of the following countries are visa waived for the Schengen area: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, USA, Uruguay, Vatican City, and Venezuela. Citizens of other non-EU countries require a visa prior to travel. Switzerland will become a Schengen country by the end of this week. Regular Passport controls will be eliminated on land borders however custom controls will still take place. Source(s): http://www.esteri.it/visti/home_eng.asp

Read more other entries :