Monday, March 14, 2011

Do we need a lawyer to help with a student visa to Italy?

Do we need a lawyer to help with a student visa to Italy?
My husband is applying to get a professional training visa for 1 or 2 years for study in Italy and I will be applying for a visa to accompany him. We have looked at the Italian consulate website and know about the forms and evidence that we need, but we were wondering if it is even possible to do this ourselves, or should we hire a lawyer? If so, how expensive are they? I'd love to hear from people who have done this with or without legal help who can give us some insight into the best way to handle this.
Other - Italy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
what I know, you don't need to hire a lawyer for your visa, you can get a travel agent to do errands for you, compared to lawyers TA is much cheaper, because you will only pay their service fee not professional fee.
2 :
no, I dont think so, look at this pdf, can be useful http://www.stranieriinitalia.it/news/guidaistruzione/inglese.pdf
3 :
I've applied for a student visa. My school offers a service where you assembly all of the materials and they submit the visa application and its accompanying materials for you. Perhaps your educational institution offers a similar program at the Study Abroad or Global Education office. You definitely don't need a lawyer. Think about all of the people who apply for and get visas to come to the United States--they didn't have lawyers! I actually applied on my own (without my school), despite that tangent that I went on about universities offering the service. I went to the consulate general in New York City and the only advice that I have for you is make sure that you have absolutely all of the application materials! Be anal about it because they have sent me among many others out of their office crying! So to that end, go in there with a thick skin. You can do this on your own, I have total confidence in you. I was 19 at the time (last summer), and I went in alone. Also, get there two hours before they're scheduled to open. If you're a student, I believe student visas are free. Check the website. I don't know how much they cost for non-students.

Read more other entries :