Friday, November 1, 2013

How to be a foreign exchange student?

How to be a foreign exchange student?
I want to go to Italy for a while as a foreign exchange student. How do I go by doing this? I want a site I can go to to maybe help me with this. I want to try to find a free program for this too. I am 15. My Spanish teacher told me that you can be one at this age.
Other - Europe - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try speaking with the international office or academic office of your uni. Most good universities have annual student exchange programs.
2 :
to bad 15 year olds aren't in a university... and i would think you could google it? just try it, and also, would you know how to speak enough of their language to get by?
3 :
Since you're in high school, you'll have to go through your school. Talk to your counselors and have them help you find a program. When you find a school you're interested in, contact them. Do you know Italian? Unless you went to an English speaking school, you wouldn't be able to take courses, which means you would lose that whole year.
4 :
There's this Erasmus program for exchange students within Europe borders I guess. They pay for everything and even give you some pocket money. Though you need to have some qualifications like your GPA or certain language exams in some cases etc... I think it changes for each university. You should check it from the web. I forgot to mention that; for the highschool level there are some exchange programs arranged by organizations like Rotary. I know many people who had been exchange students when they were in high school.
5 :
You can do this, and you do not have to go through your school! I went to Japan through Youth For Understanding. I don't know if a 15 year old can go, but it'll take a while to apply and stuff. I was 16 when I went. You can even get scholarships and not have to pay for the program. You'll like it a lot. If you have any more questions, contact me.

Read more other entries :