Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How do I turn a student visa into a work visa?

How do I turn a student visa into a work visa?
I am studying in Italy, but would like to stay when my studies are over. After I have found work, or before I have found work (since some jobs require the work visa), how can I obtain the work visa while still residing in the country? Help! My student visa expires in July!
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You wil need a Work Contract and/or an Employment Offer aproved by The Labor Department.
2 :
im also studying in italy with a student visa, in what area of italy are you studying and are you studying to get a degree here or just for regular classes? it also depends, do you already have a degree? i would think to have a work visa here in italy you would simply have to apply to a job (if you have a degree and they are interested) you can simply get the job offer, go to the Questura, get the papers needed, fill them in and apply. thats at least what im doing when im finishing my studies. this is also my last year at the university until 'io sono laureata' in industrial design. if not, just get a simple job kinda like under the table type of thing like so many people do here and eventually after some time, 6 or 7 months apply for a work vida, but you would have to be sure for what 'ditta' or company/restaurant youll be under. hope it helps!

Read more other entries :