Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm going to be an interchange student, should I go to France or Italy?

I'm going to be an interchange student, should I go to France or Italy?
I have the option of choosing either Italy or France and I can't make up my mind. Please help. I don't know what city it will be, they choose that randomly.
Studying Abroad - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The French are smelly and rude so id say Italy.
2 :
More details would have helped, such as which part of each country. It would be more meaningful to compare cities than countries. The weather will be warmer in the south of each country, than in the north. The food will be better in the south of France rather than the north of France. Rome has more history than Milan, but Milan is a great fashion centre which you might like. So, if you can, research the CITIES that are your options. Failing that, you could consider: The Italians have less of an attitude than the French The French language is more widespread, and therefore more widely useful, than Italian The French have a more-exciting history than the Italians The French put a load of nuclear power station near the Italian border OR Toss a coin and go with that! Either place will surely be fantastic. Have a ball!
3 :
Can you speak either language? I would choose the one whose language I spoke. If I spoke neither I would go to Italy. The French feel that everyone should speak their language and are sometimes rude to those who do not speak it. Italy also has an interesting history. The Romans ruled Europe.
4 :
I have lived in both countries. I have never ever experienced a French person being rude. Ever. They are unfailingly courteous and my experience was if I was struggling with their language, they would try to help me. It's dangerous to talk in stereotypes about any country. Both are beautiful. Both have an amazing culture. Both have friendly people and the occasional person who is not so friendly. It's right that France tends to be more formal in its culture, Italy is generally very relaxed. Here is the major difference, which I assume will be important if you're a student. France is much more expensive than Italy. Food, clothing, the cost of living generally. Of course large Italian cities like Rome and Milan are expensive, but still less expensive than France. I now live in Italy. I chose it because I love Italian culture and I love Italian people. Of all the countries I've lived in, I find Italy the easiest. I don't know of anyone who has moved here from another country and doesn't like it. So on balance, I would go for Italy. But whichever you go for, make the most of the experience. I first lived 'abroad' as an exchange student too, and it opened up a whole new world for me. Keep an open mind, take in as much of the culture as you can, and enjoy it!
5 :
ITALY :)

Read more other entries :