Thursday, June 7, 2012

What is the cheapest way to learn Italian in Italy on a student Visa? / tutoring on the side? Part time studen?

What is the cheapest way to learn Italian in Italy on a student Visa? / tutoring on the side? Part time studen?
What schools would be most cost effective and quality at the same time? Would I be able to tutor English on the side to earn a bit while there? Is there an English proficiency exam I could take to prove my competency in English? I am an American but I know this does not automatically qualify anyone to tutor. I may have one semester of tutoring experience (with my jr. college) by the time I come to Italy. Any tips on schools, lodging/rentals, least expensive ways to shop for food clothes and so on.....I would be vary grateful! Also, can I get a travel visa to Italy if I am only taking one Italian or two courses? Is there a minimum required amount of courses to get student visa? I hope very much to see Italy next year and learn Italian fluently (is so Bollo!) I can hardly wait to see the Treve Fountain and learn the language and experience the people and culture! Thank you again.... Ciao! P.S. Thinking of Rome or Milan but I would love suggestions on places to see or study.....
Other - Italy - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Milan & Rome are fun cities but smaller ones like Padua, Bologna or Perugia (big university towns) may be more for you. You'll also find more people needing your English lessons! Note that many Italian cities & towns offer free Italian lessons to foreigners. These lesson are offered by the municipalities themselvs. Note that many Italian cities have English language available on their home pages: http://iat.comune.bologna.it/IAT/IAT.nsf

Read more other entries :