Sunday, July 1, 2012

Is it legal to work while study in Italy, for foreign students?

Is it legal to work while study in Italy, for foreign students?
I ask this because I've seen both yes and no as answers here, in different places. I've been recently accepted in to Florence Design Academy. I can't afford the expenses there if I'm not allowed to work, part-time as a student. The student visa requires a declaration that I would not work during the period of study, but here I've many people saying it's allowed. BTW I'm from India. I've been to an Indian consulate and there I've got the details.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you violate the conditions of your visa, you can be deported if you are caught. This is a matter of Italian law and I do not know how an Indian Consulate could give official advice.
2 :
We have a common business and tourist visa in Europe (Schengen visa) however the provisions of the national immigration law of the individual countries apply. You may have read that students were allowed to work in the United Kingdom, in France, or in Germany. Italy does not apply to those provisions. A foreign student visa applicant has to forward the following document: Undertaking by the school that the applicant will not work in Italy during the validity of study visa. http://www.vfs-italy.co.in/PDF/CHCKLIST-STUDY-VISA.pdf .. You probably may also have heard that European Union passport holders were authorized to work in Italy; this is based on EU treaty rights. European Union citizen are authorized to live and work in all countries of the union..

Read more other entries :