Friday, February 28, 2014

How would an African-American foreign exchange student be treated in Italy High school?

How would an African-American foreign exchange student be treated in Italy High school?
I plan on doing my 11th grade of high school in Italy through a foreign exchange program called YFU. It sounds great and everything, but I'm super nervous. Not only am I going to be away from my mom for a year, but I'll be in a country where people speak a different native language than I do. I'm excited, but I know that I will stand out because not only am I american, but I'm black. How will I be treated? Are people going to be mean to me? I'm shy when it comes to people I don't know, are they going to think I'm stand-offish? I'm friendly, but I'm quiet also. What will high school be like for me?
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you will be fine :) Just be nice and be yourself :) Good luck!

Read more other entries :