Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Whats is like going on student exchange?

Whats is like going on student exchange?
in a few months i am going on student exchange to italy but im not sure what to expect :/ whats its like e.g the culture, the food, school, host familys, the language?
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am from Germany and doing exchange right now in California. I can tell you a few tips: I was really afraid I wouldnt know what to talk about in the beginning, but that is absolutely no problem, at least my hostfamily (which is only one guy) asked me all the questions in the beginning and then the flow started easily. I've been in Italy a few times and the food is amazing. I found friends pretty easily, too, because everyone is coming to you saying hi and a lot of people want to know you. Just make sure you keep hanging out with people and don't be afraid to ask new people do do things with you. I think that was my biggest mistake in the beginning. I dont know about your Italian skills, but I spoke English before I came, I learned it in school and it really wasnt a problem. But even if you don't know Italian, almost everyone in Europe learns English and you adapt very fast if you have to. Don't be afraid to make a mistake speaking, they will correct you and you will get betters, so don't try to speak English all the time :) I am very happy I did this and it has been one of the bets if not the best year in my life. I'd recommend it to anybody. I'm sad I have to leave in 3 months. I hope I could help :) Don't be scared it'll be fun Veith

Read more other entries :