Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Is it hard to get a student visa for Italy?

Is it hard to get a student visa for Italy?
I'm from the US and I want to do all four years of University in Italy instead of the States. I guess I want adventure haha. I heard you need a Student Visa to Apply to any schools in Europe. How do i approach doing so. Should I visit the Embassy. I live in Baltimore about 45 min from D.C so its not inconvenient for me.
Other - Italy - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's not so hard to get a student visa. You don't submit the request until you've been confirmed to be admitted for the entrance exams. It's certainly a lot easier than getting a work visa. The Italian government site for visas is here: http://www.esteri.it/visti/home_eng.asp It will provide a link to the application form and tell you what supporting documentation you need. Basically, you'll need to prove that you can support yourself while here ( right now the requirement is showing resources of at least รข‚¬350.57 per month of the academic year and have a declaration of lodgings. You apply at the consulate that has jusridiction over your area of the country. Inb your case, that's could be the embassy or maybe the consulate in Philadelphia. I had to go to Chicago from Denver for my work visa. Good luck!
2 :
no it's not difficult but obviously you must have some money for having could be request to deposit money from 3000$ to 5000$ p.s. go to milan emh im italian uf you want another informations contact me

Read more other entries :