Monday, May 14, 2012

URGENT! Can I go to Italy study abroad without a student visa?

URGENT! Can I go to Italy study abroad without a student visa?
I received my U.S. citizenship late and therefore the Italian consulate gave me the 14th as appointment date, and I must leave by the 12th. 1. What are the chances if I just go straight to the consulate and ask them to do a student visa quickly for me because of the emergency 2. Can i go there without a visa, i think they let U.S. citizens stay there for 3 months without a visa. and I can come back during those 3 months to get my visa signed, or not. WILL this way work???
Other - United States - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can certainly go to Italy as a visitor from the US without a visa. However, I recommend though that you call the university right now and ask for advice as the Italians are entitled to refuse you a student visa if they see your study start date is before your application date and that your passport is stamped as having entered as a visitor. Generally countries work on a reciprocity basis. As the US enforces a 'no entry without the correct visa' policy on Italians, they are perfectly entitled to do the same to you. It's called 'the law of unintended consequences'. Amazing how that works.

Read more other entries :