Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Can a 13 or 14 year old become a Foreign Exchange student to The UK, SPAIN, or, ITALY?

Can a 13 or 14 year old become a Foreign Exchange student to The UK, SPAIN, or, ITALY?
Alright people just so ya no, we won compitition yesterday. But thats not the point, I really really really want to become a freign exchande student to either the UK, SPAIN, or ITALY. I really want this so badly. I've been up all night looking for applications to become a student for these 3 countries. Please people, send me links, and give me answers. I really need help from the people who was a exchange student for these countries, thank ya people. :p
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Check with EF Foundation, call 180044Share, I am a local exchange coordinator in Florida, I currently host a 15 year old girl. I dont know what the age limit is, I do know you must be in high school. I also know you must have had a certain number of classes in the language in the country you are looking to do your exchange in. Good Luck... If you arent eligible right now, you certainly have a little bit to take those foreign language classes and get the language knowledge before you go. Also they start enrolling students about a year in advance before leaving due to the processing of the paperwork, visa's etc.
2 :
Generally you need to be at least a sophomore in high school, and 15 years old by the date of departure. I haven't seen any exchange programs that take 14 year olds, definitely none where you could go to UK, Italy, or Spain. The age range is usually 15-18 yrs old. I think the best/largest exchange program is AFS (that is who I went through), I am not sure they have UK exchange but they do have italy and spain. There are lots of other programs though, I just dont know much about them sorry:) http://www.usa.afs.org/usa_en/home Try googling 'exchange student' and country name, maybe you will find a program that accepts 14 year olds. If you can't go now then just wait, take a language class and go in a few years- it is a great experience:)
3 :
In the United States, to be a traditional exchange student, you must be at least 15 years old by the time your program starts -- you can apply at 14. You should really go during your junior year of high school. That will give you some maturity and also allow you to arrange your schedules so that you graduate on time (you may have to take some summer classes or correspondence classes). I would suggest either Spain or Italy. If you go to the UK, you will lose one of the primary benefits of a student exchange -- language immersion. The three premier organizations (meaning the ones you SHOULD use) with the best reputations are YFU, AFS and Rotary. I've listed the web sites below (or your counselor might have some info). Language training may or may not be necessary for the country in which you'd like to study. I know it is for all French speaking countries, but not for Germany and Japan. Check with the program representative to be sure. I've also given you an on-line information center and forum site. http://www.afs.org/afs_or/home http://www.yfu.org/ http://www.rotary.org/en/StudentsAndYouth/youthprograms/RotaryYouthExchange/Pages/ridefault.aspx http://www.exchangestudentworld.com/

Read more other entries :