Sunday, July 28, 2013

I am a college student going to Italy(Rome, Florence) for spring break, what should I pack?

I am a college student going to Italy(Rome, Florence) for spring break, what should I pack?
I have absolutely NO idea what to pack. Jeans? Cute Tops? I know not to wear shorts. What shoes should I take(I will be doing a lot of walking)? Is it really offensive to wear dresses that are above the knee(the only kind I have)? I am so lost and in need of desperate help! :( I would also really love if someone that lives in Italy, or Europe or knows a lot about the dress code there, would give me their email so I can ask them a couple more questions! :) Thanks so much! :) ALSO: I straighten my hair everyday. I am very tempted to bring my Chi and some power adapters but I hear that fries and destroys your Chi. What should I do about that?
Florence - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Don't worry, it's not offensive to wear tops or dresses that are above the knee (in Italy are called "Pinocchietti" ). The Italian girls to dress themselves take example from the American style they see on TV and then you can take what you have in your wardrobe. However jackets, boots, classic shoes, heels. In many clubs, however, don't accept the sneakers. At half page you can see an example: http://freefashion.forumfree.it/?t=25244676
2 :
I agree with the above poster. You're absolutely fine wearing short dresses and shorts if you want to (apart from if you are visiting the Vatican where you will have to at least cover your shoulders). Just bring whatever shoes you're comfortable with. I'm not sure when Spring Break is as I'm from the UK and we don't have spring break here but I'm guessing it's around March - April time? Although it won't be as hot as the summer months it will probably still be quite warm so just bear that in mind, especially if you will be doing a lot of walking. Have fun. Italy is beautiful :)

Read more other entries :