Friday, March 7, 2014

How can I go to Italy this summer?

How can I go to Italy this summer?
I would really love to get away this summer (to italy) and I wanted to study abroad but that would cost 7000 for only 5 weeks. I am wondering if anyone had any ideas? I was thinking maybe finding a family I could teach english to their children or I could be a part time nanny. The only problem is that I don't have much money to spend (I am a college student) and I would need to make money to stay over there for the summer.
Other - Italy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First, this depends heavily on where you come from. If you're from the US or other places outside the EU, it is illegal for you to work here without a visa that permits it. You can come here for tourism for up to 90 days without a visa, but you can't work here. If you're coming from Canada, then there is the possibility of a working holiday visa if you plan to be here more than 90 days. This is not available to citizens of the US because the US does not have a recriprocal arrangement. Visa information is available at this site including application forms and addresses of the consulates in your country where you can apply: http://www.esteri.it/visti/home_eng.asp The best way to connect with a family may be to go through an agency that specializes in au pair placements. However, you would be expected to be working most of the time. Many cities, including the small one where I live, have language schools which often employ young people for short terms (several months). However, the English language instructors will usually be from the UK since they don't require work visas and there's much less paperwork involved in hiring them.
2 :
I'd ditch the teach English idea. If I were you, I'd drop out of school for a year. Your parents would be so pleased. But listen... Work the winter in Alaska at a canary. Now you've got $30K. Spend the Spring and Summer in Italy stay at hostels, meet cool friends and start school again in the Fall. You may never have another chance to do this.
3 :
by plane

Read more other entries :