Friday, March 14, 2014

How would an African-American foreign exchange student be treated in Italy High school?

How would an African-American foreign exchange student be treated in Italy High school?
I plan on doing my 11th grade of high school in Italy through a foreign exchange program called YFU. It sounds great and everything, but I'm super nervous. Not only am I going to be away from my mom for a year, but I'll be in a country where people speak a different native language than I do. I'm excited, but I know that I will stand out because not only am I american, but I'm black. How will I be treated? Are people going to be mean to me? I'm shy when it comes to people I don't know, are they going to think I'm stand-offish? I'm friendly, but I'm quiet also. What will high school be like for me?
Other - Italy - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You will be eaten alive.... you will get there and soon after you have to run.... run from everything. The people are crazy, and if you don't like pasta stack up on hot pockets and stuff like that. Woah. Great country bro, thats a great opportunity for you that should take you a long way. No... it's terrible I know these two chinese girls at my all-black school and they are so scary and isolated. If I were you I would look forward to it. But the people.... NO! the people of Italy will run you away. You won't make it. Good luck bro, it'll be a very enlightening experience.
2 :
Don't worry, italy it's a safe and nice place, people are friendly, and they don't care if you are black, withe or green. guys love nice girls..pay attention. They love foreign people and help them. If you'll live in a big city you'll find many persons who speak english. So have a good time

Read more other entries :